[RC] Mounting - Tracy Blue

As I get older and the ground gets farther away (especially as the ride goes on), I too,
have difficulties mounting my 16.2 QH when there's no rocks or uneven ground.

What I did was take a 3/4 inch nylon  rope and cut it so one end has a strong connector, there is a heavy ring tied about a third of the way down, and another strong connector on the other end. You need to test it to custom fit the ring and length. One end hooks on the off side d-ring at the wither, the other end goes under their off side front leg and hooks to the ring.  At the point where the rope goes under their leg I sew on some nice fleece, although my horses never mind just the rope.

You have to make sure your horse is good with ropes under their leg and when mounted, you just unhook it from the ring and attach back to the d-ring for next time. You also have an extra length of rope for emergencies.
Tracy Blue

Yahoo! for Good