[RC] Virgin Rim Ride - KimFue

This is one of the prettiest trails I have ridden on in a very long time.  Most of the trail was on a dedicated, well maintained single track (Virgin Rim trail) with the rest on dirt roads.  The trail was rockier then most rides attend but I did complete on a horse with no pads although I would suggest padding or easy boots.  The ride was a point to point and both camps had ample room for large rigs.  The ride management supplied adequate water along the course and provided lunch for the riders.  Crew bags were dropped at the lunch stop for riders that did not have crew.

The ride was small and had a nice, casual atmosphere.  Riders Liz Masters and Rob Kalb supplied a carne asada dinner on Saturday night which was a real treat and nice surprise.  I received a nice finishing award which was a dated plaque with the horse's name on it.  There was a bon fire on Saturday night and many riders gathered around for a couple hours after awards.  Nice touch as that doesn't happen at many rides any more.

My trip didn't go as expected but I am really glad that I got the opportunity to ride on that trail and do another ride in that part of Utah.  The views were spectacular and the trail very scenic.  Karen's pictures are worth a thousand of my words.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648