From: Kathleen
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:57 PM
Subject: [RC] 25 mile recognition

I don?t understand how you feel that LD?s don?t get as much recognition as endurance.

They have lifetime mileage programs for horse and rider/awards programs/equivalent completion awards at the ride/same vet care/ at NW rides they get a High Vet Score that is equivalent to BC/ same dinner/ same amount of time at the awards presentation/ same ?fun? awards like tail end etc ?. What is so different about recognition for LD vs Endurance that is bothering you?

I am not trying to be sarcastic?am I missing something here?  I have done every distance from 25 to 100 and 2 day 150 and I have never felt slighted on any of them as far as recognition goes.  I feel more personal satisfaction when I ride a longer distance because it is harder  But sometimes circumstances warrant less distance and I do what is right for my horse and I at the time and enjoy every mile no matter what distance I am riding.

Kathleen

AERC #717