Re: [RC] build our sport - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

>>> One rider years ago actually sent the vets home at 5 to save $$. hmmm. This was second hand - but indeed, there was not a vet on the place for dinner...

I don't get this statement. What has it got to do with the supposed disrespect shown to LD...and I'd love to know how it "saved money" when every vet I ever hired had a set fee for coming to the ride. Maybe they saved a meal?

I think everybody needs to re-group here. So many people claim LD "subsidizes" longer distances, thus they've taken sides...LD vs. 50+. I've thought about that and as a ride manager I've decided it's actually the "top 10" of every distance that costs me the most money, so it's the "completers" who are subsidizing the winners at every level of the sport. Chew on that one. >g<

Angie