Re: [RC] Killer Bees - Lani M Olson

I never heard of bees with nests in the ground either, especially not in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Yesterday we unloaded the horses at a trailhead for Old Baldy in the northern Hills, decided to let the horses stretch their legs and grab a bite before saddling up. My mare put her head down in a patch of grass at the edge of the gravel, snorted and jumped back hard. I looked down for cactus and saw bees boiling out of a hole. We took the horses and rapidly got them away from the area for a bit, then I moved the trailer. Just added to my knowledge!
Lani