[RC] First aid kit - smuncy

First aid kit ---  1) Vets' phone number ! / Horse health record ?/ 'Good' first aid book for  horses.
               stethoscope, thermometer - ( find digital thermometer best.) ** know normals**
               Various bandaging materials - gauze,  'kotex' pads - don't laugh, make good, large absorbent wound dressings, or diapers. Cotton/ similair wrapping material/ leg quilts - for standing bandages. Outer ' wrap' bandages - 'leg / polo wraps', etc.Vet wrap. duct tape.
               probiotic, antacid - with anti - gas ingredient, electrolytes, bantamine - oral or injectable - injectable, can also be given orally, so I was told;  after checking with vet, and they sometimes may 'switch out' unopened vail, if getting close to expiration date, and not been used yet - worth to keep on hand).  KEEP  most MEDS IN REFRIDGERATOR. at least 'controlled' temperature, bute, and keep horse up to date on tetanus vaccine. Couple days supply of oral antibiotic,( TMZ ); if consult with vet, and recommends starting, before they can get there).Topical antibiotic ointment.  'Betadine'  solution - dilute first, as it can be caustic to tissues, or equivalent solution, "hibaclens" - ? chlorohexidrine -.to clean wounds. A large ( 60 cc) syringe for irrigating wounds. Small 'soft' plastic 'scrub' brush, like would use on hands - if have a friend who works in hospital - surgical scrub brushes, are good.( May want to consider, Arnica -  ? useful, soreness, bruises ??, Rescue Remedy?? Need to get info from those more familair with Homeopathy, but generally, can not hurt, may help.)
             other syrnges for administering meds as needed,( if can do that ), need to, 3 to 10 cc, with 22 to 18 gauge needles.
                small bucket - about one  - 1 1/2  gal, size useful,
                blankets - available, couple old towels
                twitch
                clippers / scissors / sharp knife, scapel ( though doubt will ever need that, or suture material.)
                hoof boot
                few other things useful to have handy -  hoof knife, rasp, nail puller,- nippers - to pull shoes, if needed. Also, I have hemostats, needlenose pliers, ( those were very useful, when horse stepped on nail, it was in area, near edge of shoe, where nothing else would get a hold of it.)
      Granted most of these, I do not have in 'first aid kit' but are around - house/ trailer/ barn - where i can get if needed..... well, ok, when I was competing alot, I did carry most of them - in tote, JIC.And still do in trailer, except meds.  Stephanie M