[RC] Horse food at rides - Kristen A Fisher

I keep reading that a fairly notable cost to RMs is hay/feed/carrots/whatever for horses. I have not noticed that RM consistently provides anything but horse water at ride in the Central Region. I have no problem at al with this, I am fine with providing all my own horse treats myself, but feel water is necessary and duly appreciated!!

Although, I have 2 questions about this  --

1 - is this mainly because most CT rides have in camp vet checks? I would suspect so

2 - everyone always says, make sure your horse eats at home what you'll feed at a ride - does anyone have any hesitancy about feeding strange hay/feed to horses at VCs?

Kristen in TX
the others. In truth, the 25 milers need less in terms of hay, carrots, volunteers, and even the time with the vets.