[RC] taking action for trails - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Pat swens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
to offset studies financed by those whose agenda is to return parks to
isolation."

I think this topic really needs to be discussed. I live in an area that I call
"the next suburb". Within the past two years it is no longer safe to ride on
our gravel roads. I have to trailer to parks to ride. I trailer into the seven
county metropolitan area to ride. My rural county (at this point in time) has
only one county park, whose trail is about 4 miles, that allows horses. I
called the State Forest in our county to find out how to get horse trails
allowed there and met with total resistance from the park manager. He basically
lied to me to get rid of me, totally opposed to any discussion on the
possibility of horse trails. I would love to spend my "extra" time coordinating
and raising support for horse trails by bringing together people and
information.

What information does the AERC have and where do I find it? What experiences
have people here had opening trails?

I think this would be a good discussion and a good time as rides wind down for
the winter, I will have more time to contact saddle clubs and horse goups to
rally support and help.