[RC] re: Boa boots - jen

Hi, I have a question?  I think I remember reading somewhere that hhof boots that cover the coronary band are not "allowed" at sanctioned AERC rides.  Is this true?  Or are they allowed but you don't get credit for the miles or how does this work?  I have two barefoot horses--one I am planning on doing endurance with--eventually.  His feet were neglected badly before I bought him.  I have only owned him for three months and he has had two trims.  They look immensely better but he still has a lot of flaring and chipping especially in the rear.  When I ride him I use Boa boots in the front and Old Macs in the rear.  AmI not going to be able to use these when I do endurance?  Also, why would they not be allowed?  Are they worried about rubs?  Any help would be appreciated.
Jen M. and Cricket, Banjo & Zeus