Re: [RC] Increasing Income - Vallonelee

Okay, not quite as dramatic but about 6-7 years ago I was employed at the local hospital doing medical transcription.  When my life took a dramatic change (can you say divorce), I was left with a mortgage, truck payment, trailer payment and 4 horses.  Okay, I kept the horses by choice.   I knew I had to make "mortgage money" and evaluated what I was doing currently to optimize my income.  I decided self employment was the way to go.  I had to work harder in the beginning (I was too afraid to give up the steady pay check after all those years) but once I made the break I never looked back, mainly because my salary tripled in the process.

So now I train horses, buy and sell saddles/equipment and continue with self employment.  But like the old saying goes - "when you are self employed - you always have a jerk for a boss!"  :)

Lee