[RC] Increasing Income - Bruce Weary DC

    I have been following the posts regarding people's concerns over the increasing costs of ride fees, gasoline, heating fuel, hay, and anything else that seems to be on the rise. I have been truly inspired by those who have shared their stategies for making their dollar go farther. Not eating out, making their own clothes, not going to movies, no cable tv, restricting driving distances to rides, reducing the number of rides they do, done so that they can stay within their current budget. I was wondering if anyone has anecdotes to share about how they increased their income to meet increasing expenses and to have more of the things they want in life.
  I will share one example. Forty years ago, at the age of 36, and with a wife and five kids, my father decided that 13 years of being a grocer was enough. He decided he wanted to become a dentist. Even though he had been a high school dropout, and only a C student at best, he relocated our family so that he could enter college, fulfill the necessary requirements, and enter dental school. He and my mother both worked during that time to support the family, and Dad graduated at age 42. He had a 30 year career, earing a million dollars his final year in practice. His example led to inspiring all  of his children to enter professional school and become doctors. In fact, our mother says us kids get our looks and our brains from our Dad, 'cuz she still has hers!
   This is an extreme example, but even though I am heir to my father's fortune, I, too, am looking for ways to increase my income, as it's not cheap keeping a fresh banana beel on his front doorstep every morning. ;) Sometimes, I might do a little teaching or consulting on the side. I thought that others out there might have suggestions for how we all could increase our incomes to meet these rising expenses, instead of trying to cram more expense into an already overcrowded budget. It might be fun, and less stressful than feeling imposed upon by even the smallest of price hikes or that we are overextending ourselves to continue participating in this sport we all love so much.   Anyone?
     Bruce Weary