Re: [RC] One more giant step - Jo Ann Knight

Jen

I thought I'd put my experience into the string.

I too have been there and still am.  I like what Lani had
to say and intend to keep this for referral when I finally find that "quiet,
safe horse".  I also am having my mare's lameness re-evaluated to see if she
can be rehabbed.  However, I know she went thru hell and, well they do have
elephant memories, so if she can be ridden I am going to have to do some
singing!  Currently putting in a lot of ground work with her when time
permits.  Then after surgery it will be recover for several months, then
back to dressage lessons to get my "legs" back AND to reassure myself I
really can ride.   I almost bought a horse recently, very sweet and I
believe very safe.  But realized I needed to give Aysha that chance at
recovery first.

So you and I are sorta experiencing similar problems, and I know, like you,
when I start riding trails I am going to need to take a deep breath, sing,
sing sing!  Hang in there, I know we both can do it.

Jo Ann