Re: [RC] new balance shoeing - Chris Paus

Oh, and I'm on my way to my own Chiro asap. I too have "high  low" syndrome. My SI joint pops out of place which makes my right pelvic bones hgher than my left and results in my right leg being as much as an inch shorter than my left. I'm sure my own skewed body doesn't help Star any.

chi

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Cindy Marbut tetstrnr@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris,

I don't know much about this "new balance shoeing" method, but I do know good shoeing versus bad. And what little I could see in your photos is that Star has classic high/low syndrome, with the right being the "low" foot. This means that his heals are low on the right foot resulting in a longer, more sloping toe, while the heals on the left foot are higher, resulting in a shorter, more upright foot. All horses have this to varying degrees and few farriers attempt to correct for it. In Star's case it is not very severe,

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com