Re: [RC] cost of rides - Merryben

In a message dated 9/8/2005 11:02:25 A.M. Central Standard Time, kramspott@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
All this for $20. Now, what I am thinking though is that there are also
upwards of 100 riders, in this particular case 500 riders. Is THAT what
makes it so inexpensive? So if a Endurance ride could consistently have
hundreds of riders maybe they too would be less expensive?
The bike rides don't have vets, campgrounds, AERC fees, here we have State Drug fees, etc.  I think there is a very interesting article coming out in the EN maybe next month that should open some eyes......There are huge expenses involved in putting on a ride.....mb