From: Jonni <jonnij@xxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 13:59:31 -0500
Subject: [RC] cost of rides - LD costs as much as endurance

Just because the ride vet sees a horse "less times" , does not mean he cost the ride any less.  The fees management pays are pretty much set, no matter if you are there for a 25 miler, or a 50. Campground fees is a good example. Just because you ride 25, and leave after you finish...say, 1PM to head home, should management have paid less for that camp site than someone who rode the 50, and stayed until 6PM?  Vets are there for the day. They usually charge a flat fee, or a fee per horse. But, I would be if they do a fee per horse, it is not less for a distance with less vet checks.  I do think it cost management pretty much the same, no matter if you ride a 25, or a 50. I'd say they will pay more for 100 milers, as it is keeping a vet there even longer. Most management probably gives LD riders a break, to encourage newbie's to the ride. But, some rides are going to the same entry fee, for both LD and 50's.