Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2979 Good dog - Chipnml

My border collie is convinced that 1.) Horses should never hang their heads over a stall door. 2.) Horses will stay in a loafing shed if she runs a circle around it fast enough.  3.) I am a bad bad person if I EVER leave her at home, or even in the car. 4.) There is extreme danger in going near a horse's head...but not a horse's hind feet. 5.) Every person in the world exists to pet her.  That being said, I rarely recommend a border collie as a pet.  They are intense workaholics, and if you don't give them a job, they will be trouble. People think because they are so intelligent (okay...not counting my Ruby) they will be easy to deal with, but the smarter a dog is, the harder you have to work to keep the jump on them.  I have discouraged many people from getting one.  It seems border collie owners are one of the few groups who don't encourage people to get one.  Like I say, once you've owned one, you will either never own anything else, or you'll never own one again!

Chip (and Ruby, who--if she were a person--would be a ditzy cheerleader who couldn't imagine anyone NOT liking her)