Re: [RC] cost of rides - LD costs as much as endurance - Kristen A Fisher

Not sure I agree with the first statement below. Here's the way I look at it - I figure if you spread the "reqts" out, LDs have 3 total VCs, 50s have 4 or 5 depending if there are 3 or 4 loops. In this area LDs do get the same prizes, and we have LD BCs. I averaged the costs for 10 CT rides as $54 / $77 with LD's costing 70% as much as 50s. I think that pretty accurately reflects the difference in resources reqts between the 2 distances.

If you are holding LDs for $25 entry fees, anyone should be THRILLED.
----- Original Message -----
From: Paddi
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:02 PM
Subject: [RC] cost of rides - LD costs as much as endurance

The LD is shorter but the costs are the same or higher then for longer distance
They get all the amenities and pay less
When I have time I will do a spread sheet again and post it
I found that at $25 for an LD riders we were actually loosing money at about $6 per rider.
The BIG money maker was the 100 milers
Think of a ride as a business. The goal is to make a profit or at least break even
Paddi Sprecher