Re: [RC] Aussie Saddle opinions - Chrystal

Karen- I rode in an Aussie saddle for 2 years, and though Ed is right it SHOULDN"T be the saddle that keeps you on the horse it should be your riding abilities that is easier said than done, my Aussie kept me in the saddle through many spooks and mad gallops that would end in bucking fits because the horse I have didn't ever want to stop, she is MUCH better now and two years of riding constantly  has made me secure enough in the saddle that now I ride in a treeless. With all the bucking and spooking my mare did I never came off with the Aussie I have come off my treeless at least 3 x in the last year, always due to a big spook at a canter ( and always  on the way home when I am tired and not paying attention!!:-))) I think for anyone who wants/ needs extra security it is a great idea, my husband now rides in my Aussie and loves it, it is very comfy ! The poleys ( the "wing things) keep you in- I didn't get a horn on mine. The only trick is to get one to fit, it didn't fit my Arab  well as it was too long but they also make custom saddles, check out the saddles at   http://www.aussiesaddle.com/classic.html  I have the classic supreme ( or something  like that) I didn't find that I was in a chair position with this saddle.
The guy ( Steve maybe?) who runs the company is very helpful if you email him questions.
Good luck!!:-)
Chrystal

P.S> I have seen a lot of "cheap" Aussie saddles in the last few years, they are not nearly as comfortable.:-)