[RC] Animal welfare vs Animal rights- was: PETA and horse slaughter - Laura Hayes

I investigated cruelty for many years, and have the scars on my heart to prove it.  I will never get out of my head, the sight of a horse dead and frozen in the sternal position, neck up and nose on the ground, as if he were asleep - starved to death in a barn with a loft full of hay.  He was stabled within sight of an auction barn with monthly sales that included slaughter buyers.  He would have been better off going through the sale and getting on a truck heading for a packing plant, than the horrible end that he suffered.

There is a HUGE difference between animal RIGHTS, as preached by PETA and others, and animal welfare - those of us in the trenches, trying to educate and if that fails, prosecute, those that neglect or cause grievous harm to animals.

Laura Hayes
Vine Cliff Farms
Brocton, NY
AERC# 2741