Re: [RC] in praise of mutts/genetics/Nat'l Geographic - Maryanne Gabbani

Sounds like our baladi dogs. Amazing creatures. They are ready to move out on their own at about a month, often choose a farm family to live with/protect/guard although they are given little more than a scrap of bread in return. They never kill their own livestock but lord help the neighbours'! They are smart, tough, and the best watch dogs in the world. I always have one of them at my house even with my gang of RT's and the odd other rescue.

Maryanne
Cairo