To: "'Ridecamp Guest'" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 4:12 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] "conditioning"

When I used to do 50's once my horse got in condition to finish well in the
50's, really didn't need to condition between 1- 50 mile ride per month if
we didn't want to. A lot depends on your goals for your horse and how
competitive you plan to be. They get burned out just like we do. Too much of
anything is bad.... even if it's good???

Anyway, once you're in condition and your heart rate drops quickly, one long
ride a week generally is enough for most of us schmucks who aren't trying to
finish first or second.

Remember this is supposed to be fun:)

Susan