[RC] Update on horse with the burned tail - Vallonelee

I thought I would forward this e-mail from my friend (with permission of person's involved) to let all know the update on the horse that had it's tail set on fire.

Lee

This is an update on the poor horse in NC that had its tail severely burned by some very evil young girls.

Rich

Rich,

First of all thankyou for your kind words and the photo of your beautiful horse.  I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to write back.

Dixe update.  Friday, we had to take all of Dixies tail off, and the vet finally got it wrapped where it will stay.  Yesterday, I had to give her, her first cleaning with no tail.  I was nervous all day because their are 4 draining tracks in which I have to insert medication. The vet said that I would need to twitch her for this because she would not stand still for it.   WRONG!   I did not have the heart to twitch her and I want you to know that she did not move a muscle.  She is so GOOD!  Actually she is a wonder.  When I called my friend who is studying to be a vet tech.  She said, "Dixie doesn't need a tail she has wings!"  Dixie truly is an angle.

Dixie's leg is still swollen and is causing some pain for we are still fight infection.  So please keep us in your prayers.  Thankyou very much for all you have already done and God Bless.

Vonda and Dixie