Re: [RC] new saddle - DESERTRYDR1

I have used Wintecs quite a bit.  The first one I bought was back in 1995, a
Sport Dressage model.  I bought it because it was the first saddle I had put
on my Arabian mare that didn't slide up her neck.  I found them to be pretty
stable as far as moving forward or back.  I really liked them, and bought
several more over the years, a Dressage 2000, then an Endurance Pro (which I
did NOT
like--it put me in a chair position) then a Pro Dressage.  The last two both
had the CAIR panels and changeable gullet system.  The changeable gullet
seemed to work as promised.  I didn't notice any problems with it as far as
causing
a change in the front part but not the back part of the saddle.  The bars of
the saddle are made of fiberglass (I think) that seems to adjust easily when
the gullet is changed.

The horses seemed to like them pretty well, but in the end I discovered that
I needed a wider twist.  I keep the Wintec Dressage models around because they
do seem to fit a variety of body types, but may sell the Pro Endurance one of
these days.  I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to saddles, hate to part
with one, even though it doesn't fit me.  My son rode in it a bit, and I always
hope he'll want to ride again one day.

Biggest issue for me is that they don't fit my mule, who has a fairly, but
not extremely flat (from front to back) back.  They have a bit of rocker to
them.  My Anglo mare and my Arab mare both have pretty good withers, and I
haven't
had a problem there at all, even with the wider gullets.  jeri