[RC] OT -the hurricane is a great leveler for all involved-here are some who left for higher ground and are still in a mess-it affects all - Mary Ann Spencer

Dear fellow RVer,

What more can I say about the terrible disaster of last week that has not been said? Not much. I can tell you, however, that one story that has not been covered by the major media is the plight of the many RVers, many with young children, who fled their hurricane-threatened homes for what they assumed would be a few days, but who are now trapped without food, money, access to bank accounts, medical aid, prescriptions and homes to return to.

Anne Pierson, who operates two RV parks in northern Louisiana, has spearheaded a relief effort to help the thousands of RVers in her area and nearby counties who have nowhere to go, and no money. Anne and other RV park owners have been feeding many of these people and providing free campsites. "We're not worrying about if they can't pay," she said "and I think other RV parks probably feel the same." Pierson has taken in 200 families to her parks and others have taken in what they can. She wonders how long the parks can survive with only limited income. If you would like to donate money to the effort, you may do so here using Paypal or a credit card. If you wish to donate physical relief supplies, send them to Anne at Shiloh RV Resorts, 7300 Frontage Road, Monroe, LA 71202.