Re: [RC] re:[RC] The cost to riders - Truman Prevatt

oddfarm wrote:

I haven't been to a ride since LBL and I NEED to ride! I am not sure about the MS ride, Blazing Saddles because I can't get a hold of anybody on the flyer but if they have it, I'll be there. Even if they needed help clearing trails, I'd go just to get out of FLORIDA! Those are both 12+ hours worth of driving time but worth every minute.
Our gas prices around my house haven't gone up that much and our Gov'ner is asking people not to be greedy. They just said that we have gotten our usual allotment of gas into the port of Tampa and there is no reason to panic. It sounds like Georgia has some pretty outrageous prices but I think that will change, hopefully.
Does anybody know how Terry Price and her family fared? How about Joe and Tamara in Alabama who put on the Talladega ride? Did the Longleaf forest and Talladega get that much damage? I sure would like to know that our RC'rs in those areas are ok.
Truman, have you heard anything?
Lisa Salas, The Odd fArm

Nope but Ivan probably did more damage to Talladega than Katrina since Ivan passed very close to it. I'm going to check with Tamra on it. Now the Long Leaf ride might be a different story. As Jody posted earlier the storm probably went right over the top of Laurel. If not Laurel was on the east side of the eye which is the worst side. I remember going up after Opal hit and the forest was fine. But I don't believe Opal did anywhere the damage this one did. From what I've heard most of any line that runs above ground, power, telephone, telegraph, etc., probably have trees all over it so it may be awhile before we hear.

Truman

--

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." Niels Bohr -- Nobel Laureate, Physics