[RC] DFW, TEXAS -- CAN YOU HELP? - Raven

If you are in Texas and can help...please contact Lou Guyton DIRECTLY
at 214-704-4868 or email at  lguyton@xxxxxxxx  or
louguyton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our friend Lou Guyton (HSUS) asked us to forward this  request on to you.
If you can help, please reply directly to her (her  email is below). If you
can not help, you don't need to reply.  Thanks!

from Lou: ANIMALS IMPACTED FROM HURRICANE KATRINA  EVACUATION NEED HELP!

I have just been asked to stage an animal  transfer in the DFW area with
approximately 145 animals from the New  Orleans shelter. New Orleans
arrived in Houston this morning and they  are currently sorting through the
animals to establish what can be  brought further inland and what must go
back to New Orleans or be held  in Houston.   It looks as if the Louisiana
folks will be  bringing them here on Tuesday morning.  Their entire shelter
was  evacuated and while a few animals went to Baton Rouge, the abundance
of  them (300) came to Texas as the New Orleans SPCA and the Houston SPCA
 have interagency agreements during hurricane events.

That said,  I will need commitments and assistance to place approximately
145  animals. The animals will be adoptable animals that will enter into
 your programs permanently.   I DO NOT have a final count on species,  but
it looks like there are about 60 cats/kittens.  The location  on Tuesday
will be at the HSUS Spay Neuter Clinic and Animal Wellness  Center at 4830
Village Fair Drive, 75224.   The time HAS NOT  YET been determined.
Shelters and rescues who desire to pick up animals  must have submitted a
request prior to arrival so that I can correctly  inventory and place the
animals in the best possible situations.   My email addresses are
lguyton@xxxxxxxx and  louguyton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please if you are able to commit to  even a couple of animals, email me and
I will place you a list.   If you need to call me, my cell is 214-704-4868.
Again, the animals  will likely arrive sometime on Tuesday.  I will update
the  information on MONDAY afternoon.

If you haven't watched the  news, Hurricane Katrina is now a Category 5
headed straight for New  Orleans, the impact of which is expected to start
Monday  morning.   Additionally, HSUS has teams staged in the Florida gulf
coast area and here that are ready to dispatch to begin assessments for
animal response after the hurricane hits.   Impact could be  from Florida
to the Louisiana coast with severe flooding as an after  effect.

Thank you for caring!

Lou Guyton,  Director

HSUS Southwest Regional Office  &  Spay Neuter Clinic and Animal Wellness
Center