Re: [RC] New Toyotas for hauling - Barbara McCrary

When is Toyota coming out with a nice station wagon again? I am a station wagon person; I don't like SUVs. They're bigger than I like and use more fuel. I would love a mid-size Toyota hybrid station wagon. This is for "family" use, not for towing or for ranching.

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 6:38 AM
Subject: [RC] New Toyotas for hauling

Please Reply to: Sandra Walker sandrawalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My husband works for Toyota as a GM. I've driven most all the Toyota models, including their trucks which I've used to pull my 2-horse aluminum BP fully loaded. I own a 1996 Ford 4-door short bed crew cab 4X4 diesel that I use to pull my 3-horse gooseneck aluminum around with 134,000+ and no problems. I've often wished that Toyota made the really big girly trucks because when it comes to quality and longevity Toyota is one of the best, IMHO of course. Well my wish is coming true. Hubby told me the other day that within 2-3 years or so (don't hold me to time exactly) Toyota will be offering all their cars and trucks in either a gas model or a hybrid model. And they are coming out with a line of big girly trucks with diesel engines to compete with Ford, Dodge, etc. But here's the best part: He told me that these big rig-haulin' trucks will be offered not only in diesel but in a gas hybrid engine that can out-tow a same sized diesel engine. I asked why then would Toyota make a diesel truck and he said "because people won't believe it". Now some of my buds believe this and some don't, but he's worked for them a long time and if Toyota says they can do it, he believes them. So when they arrive at the dealership one day in the near future you can bet your bell boots I'll be test driving one with my three biggest horses on the steepest hills I can find. No telling what these trucks will cost. I hope I don't have to own one for 20 years before it pays for itself in savings on diesel fuel! LOL

Sandra Walker
sandrawalkerATaustinDOTrrDOTcom