[RC] Martha Carey accident - Dawn Simas

I just wanted to notify anyone that may know her.  She is a great trainer that does endurance and gives lessons in Cool, CA.  Last weekend she was found face down in the round pen with a saddled horse.  Nobody knows what happened.  She was lifeflighted to Sutter Hospital in Roseville and is currently in ICU after two surgeries.  The back of her skull is crushed.  She has been in an induced coma and there is no news yet as to her outcome.  Her family is currently arriving from other parts of the country, I believe she has 3 sisters.  A friend of mine, Martha's boyfriend, family, are all trying to take care of her animals and horses.  It may be for a very long time, so the family is discussing what to do long term with the horses.  There are a several, most in training.  I don't have any more details.  If you have her phone #, feel free to call it, I believe her boyfriend or sisters are staying there now.

Dawn