Re: [RC] CTR thumbs down post - Jessica B

"And I have to say this....I always find it humorous when people tell
you that
they are experienced and know what they're doing, great horsemen, blah
blah,
and in the same breath they admit to racing an LD on their first or
second
ride...simply amazing.

Sylvia"

I am going to assume that this was meant for me, and I have to say that I am greatly offended. You do not know me or my horse. I have ridden horses all my life and do have a lot of experience. I did NOT say that I was experienced in distance riding or a great horseman, I said I felt COMFORTABLE  riding a 35 mile endurance ride. I know that learning is a never ending thing in the horse world, and I plan to keep learning and improving on my horsemanship.

Also, you have no idea if I've ridden long distances or not. I have ridden my horse on dozens of poker rallies and we take our horses out to the mountains at least once or twice a month to go for long rides, and yes we move fast we don't just plod along. I have ridden my horse over 50 miles multiple times this summer alone. Just because I wasn't competing doesn't mean that it didn't teach me anything or didn't get my horse in good shape.

I'm sorry if you feel I shouldn't have "raced" my first time. Everybody at the race was quite happy for me and extremely kind, nobody once gave me any trouble for this. A ton of people came and congratulated me. Just because you didn't "race" your first time doesn't mean that me or my horse wasn't prepared.

Live and let live. You don't need to put people down or have a superior attitude over new-comers to the sport.

Jessica