Re: [RC] CTRs a thumbs down....I think - MJWEST02

In a message dated 8/23/2005 10:27:49 PM Central Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
trot in a
circle to make sure they are 'not seeing something.'
The Vet Judge at the ride I went to (my first so I cannot compare)  did a HANDS on every horse at check in and check out - mucus check, jugular, heart and checked back and ALL four legs - each horse went out individually and was observed at the trot right AND left - going away from the judge and coming in... one horse had a limp that was not noticable at the trot to the left, but sure could see when she trotted to the right.    Then the vet judge would laugh when the fox trotters went out and noted that they were lame on all 4 legs (Ha ha ha - just a joke - even the owners joked!)   BTW - there were lots of MFT (crossed with appy's)

I would hope that this would be a standard vet check routine?   But seems like you all are saying not so...?

Mary