[RC] White hairs on back - melanie . o

Hi all:

I am looking for some advice.  Recently I noticed two patches of white hair on my mare's back.  They are oval, about the size of a small fist, and right under where my tush would be on either side of her spine.  Now, I know what white hairs normally indicate, HOWEVER, let me say that I ride in a Torsion treeless saddle w/ Equipedic pad.  There is nothing hard to rub or pinch!  A friend thought it might be too much heat, but the Equipedics are supposed to disperse heat.  I have not ridden her hard since a 30-miler the first part of July and they just showed up a couple of weeks ago.  Or could it maybe have something to do w/ her being a paint?

thanks,
melanie