[RC] Runny noses - agilbxr

Got to the barn today to do some stall maintenence...no plans of riding. I figured I'd be too hot after digging out Spot's stall and rebedding it.  I turned Spot out, gave him about 4 flakes of hay (had a new bale and needed to make room....he was happy) and went to work.  About half way through the stall (6 wheel barrow loads later) I went into the barn and fixed spot a beet pulp/applesauce/carrot/feed mash. (yum...)  and I noticed that his nose was all snotty.  With icky green stuff.  He certainly seems to feel fine, good energy, annoying the other horses and eating everything in sight.  He's not coughing at all....although our little two year old western pleasure baby is coughing a little.  Hmm...  I think we have a little upper respitory infection traveling right now.  We have no idea where it came from, we don't have anyone coming in and out right now, but oh well.

Needless to say, Spot has at least a week off, if not more should his runny nose become more runny or a cough develop.  I figure it'll be good to go for walks away from the barn, and spend some time learning to shake hands....he already knows how to bow.

As for Spots stall, it's been dug down to the sand and is currently airing out.  Tommorrow it gets fresh dirt and a lot of shavings.  I'm pooped!  We took out 15 wheel barrow fulls of heavy wet bedding. (I love florida rain....)

Juli and Spot (i don't really feel bad, I don't know what all the fuss is about)
and Alpine (haha, it's not me....)