[RC] Squeeky clean or not? - Renie M burnett

I could not have said it better, Alison.  A crop or a spur is either an extension of your arm or your leg, and used properly makes training much more clear to a horse.  Most of the problems with our horses is that lack of "go forward"ness.  Sure, our little darlings will go like heck, even run away, when they want to; but when they don't, they shy, buck, rear, refuse etc.  Those things usually happen when forward impulsion is lacking, which is when I might tap with a crop, or when lateral flexion is lacking, which is when I might bump with a spur.  Renie  #1673