Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2869 - Chipnml

My first endurance horse never drank well on the trail when I did 25's.  Since he drank well at camp and always got superb scores in CTR, I never worried about it.  Once I started doing 50's with him, all it took was a hot, humid, hilly ride, and he was stopping at every puddle to drink by the third loop.  Another thing I used to do was take them out on a strenuous hot-weather conditioning ride where I knew there would be easy access to water somewhere, and bring them right out of the pasture without giving them time to drink before we left.

Chip