Re: [RC] hoof integirty and TDI horsefeed - Sisu West Ranch

Put a couple of scoops of Biotin supplement (lots of different brands) in his feed for a year amd see if that helps.  I do not have the papers handy, but two clinical studies have shown increases in hoof strength on Biotin.  Ranger has sh***y feet.  When I put him on biotin in a couple of months I was able to see a ridge where the hoof wall got thicker.  His feet are not great, but are improved.

The  good farriers I have  also helps him hold shoes.  Side clips do help with wall splitting.  You will never solve the problem, but it can be managed.  Those who breed, and those who consider winning to be the goal will tell you that poor feet are genetic, you should select your horse to have good feet, or to sell him/her if the feet are bad.  This advice may be the best, but in my world I often end up managing a problem instead.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875