[RC] hoof integirty and TDI horsefeed - gwcarman

I have a 7 yo gelding with weak hoof walls.  When he is first shod all looks well but then his hooves splay/ spread out at the bottom as the hoof wall doesn't have the structure to stay upright.  I loose shoes and chunks off the side of his hooves.  I am now having him done every 4 weeks.  Right now he is on Omelene 200 but he gets so little as he lives on air and grass.  My farrier is suggesting that I switch to a new feed -- TDI - as he has seen   good improvement in hooves on horses eating this.  Has anyone used TDI?  I worry with as little grain as he gets now he won't actually receive enough of it to help.  He is just starting one the trail this year and so although we are riding consistently it's not "training"  yet, hence no need for more grain.  Maybe a supplement to his current feed?  comments?  thanks  debbie (MD)