RE: [SPAM] Re: [RC] Old mares and their foals - Chris Paus

Thanks again! My  18YO broodmare can and does outrun and outplay my 12 YO mare. both are outdoor horses in large pasture. They get plenty of self exercise and are strong and healthy. Guess I won't worry about problems that haven't surfaced. I'll be aware, but not go borrowing trouble that isn't mine.

chris

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Here are three of the reasons why
A lot of the activity of older mares depends on how they are housed and
how healthy they are. Healthy older mares out on pasture are every bit
as active as their younger counterparts, in my experience. Clearly
there is more opportunity for an older mare to have sustained injury or
to have achieved breakdown due to poor conformation--but that doesn't
affect the healthy, sound older mares.

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com