RE: [RC] Old mares and their foals - Chris Paus

Thanks Heidi. I appreciate the explanation! especially since it looks like we'll have an "ooops" baby next year. I had planned to give my mares a year off, but Mr. Szybki found a way to go calling.....

chris

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm curious about this too. My best broodmare is 18 now. This spring she had the best and biggest foal she's ever had. My understanding is that as the mare ages and the uterus has accomodated more foals, the foals get bigger in utero because they have more room not less.

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com