Re: [RC] Frank on Carbo Charge - Tivers

In a message dated 8/3/2005 4:57:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, DVeritas writes:

Quite honestly, the day (the one time) I used Carbo Charge, well, I overrode my horse.
I chose to blame the Carbo Charge, but (in retrospect), I rode my horse too fast that day for his level of conditioning.

So, to answer your question, I can't answer it.

I believe I followed the instructions, but (truth to tell), I didn't "honor" my horse.

I was stupid (that day).

I'm less stupid today.

Frank

Good enough, but did you dose 4 ounces 15 minutes before the start of each loop and in the middle of any longer loop? I don't know what directions Vita-Flex put on their product, but I do remember there were lots of people against it at the time, influencing folks to be extremely cautious with it, if you used it at all.

You may not have overridden your horse if you didn't do the above, and it could be the fault of the protocol you used with the product. the problem with carb supplementation is that you have to keep it up once you start with it in a race.
As long as you keep it up, the horse will responds strongly, perhaps lulling you into thinking that all your problems are solved. But the bonk can still get you if you quit with it in the middle of a race.

ti