From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:45 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Horse Buyers Beware

Please Reply to: Barb Kemerer barbkemerer1@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been looking for a horse so I used the classifieds on endurance.net. I
found one in Colorado and communicated by email several times with the
owner. We decided to go out to Colorado from Maryland to see the horse. We
stopped to ride the Summer Breeze on the way and were lucky to find a ride
in Westcliffe, Colorado the next weekend. We looked at the horse, rode him,
liked him and made an offer. Kerry said she'd think about it. A day went by
and I made a higher offer. Another day went by and I told her I would pay
the asking price. At this time she said someone else was looking at the
horse and they had first priority. She had neglected to mention this in any
of the emails. We wouldn't have taken a chance and made the trip if we had
known this. Needless to say we missed out on the horse. My purpose for this
post is so others won't make the mistake we did. How can we keep something
like this from happening again?

http://www.eset.com