Sent: 8/2/05 6:51:22 AM
Subject: [RC] My first easy boot experience

I discovered on Sunday that my horse had thrown a shoe.  My shoer is on vacation, but I do have a shoeing scheduled for next Monday.  I'm trying to get ready for a ride so I went and bought a size 2 easy boot last night.  It is a hind foot that we are talking about.  We got the boot on as tight as we could, but she tossed it off twice.  The first time we had gone about a mile or so, the second time I don't think we even got 100 feet.  The trail was fairly soft, but not muddy and her feet are pretty hard so I finished the ride with out the boot.  I had measured her foot and bought the boot for that width/length, but am thinking of trying a size 1 to see if it will stay on better.  This is the new 2005 model that you all have been talking about.  Do the wires stretch out some when you first use a new boot?  Do you all think I will have better luck with the next smaller size?

Need to train

Becky R. - Montana