Re: [RC] Deaths - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 8/1/2005 8:38:34 PM Pacific Standard Time, guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Good enough. Not bad at all! Saw more than that lying alongside the trail in Syria in a single day. Nothing like facts to disabuse misapprehensions.
I think rather than the term "misapprehensions" the term "misinformation" is more applicable don't you think?

Tom this is a fundamental flaw in your entire foundation....you thought we were killing horses right and left because you saw a bunch of dead horses in Syria....we are NOT THEM and maybe, just maybe that stupid, very fundamental philosophy of AERC has something to do with it...to finish IS to win. Not your to "win is to win" but to go the distance, to finish with a sound and happy, fit horse...that is the goal, the accomplishment.  I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that 90% of AERC members go to rides with that goal in mind.

Tom, I'm not trying to be argumentative with you (that's way too easy) ,but have you ever ridden a horse down a beautiful tree lined trail, have you ever felt that horse ask to canter and just gone with the flow?   Have you looked into your own horse's eyes after 100 miles and seen something there that you can't even put into words, but makes your heart fill to bursting? You are clearly a scientist and maybe have something to offer, but you don't understand a whit about this group of people, these horses or what makes all of us tick. I do wish you could offer your information without being quite so mean, there is possibly some value in it. (I guess I'll be called a cow now, eh? <g>).

As you're seeing from this discussion, you aren't always right.  Maybe you too can learn something from a give and take discussion. Try it, it might make you a better person.

Leaving on the red eye for Maui so you can berate me all you want <g>.

Sylvia