[RC] Tevis (Steve Shaw) - Chris Martin

Steve:

Have not looked in a long time but years ago, one of the top times from Foresthill to Fransisco was set by the winner that year, Arbor lites (SP).  Around 2 hours  or maybe under as I recall.

Now I have done that on a fresh horse, one that just jumped out of the trailer at Foresthill, and not a slow horse.  My time, as I recall was 2:15, and that was it.  I cantered and fast trotted the whole trail.

I look at those stats allot.  But, when doing the ride it all fades away and I just hold on and hope I don't fall off before I get to Auburn, hell with the times.

Lots of Tevis Pictures on the link at the bottom, some of you and TM also......Good Job.

I will say that I thought it was pretty sneaky to stable your horse with the Haggin cup winner, and then when Michele came riding buy, you jumped out of the bushes and your horse followed her all the way to the finish line, go figure........ Dah, talk about experience.

Chris Martin  "it's all about the ride!"  FreeForm Treeless Saddles