[RC] [RC] Fifi, the winner at Tevis - oddfarm - oddfarm

My question was, "Wasn't Fifi an international winner at WEG or some kind of race like that? I remember thinking who names a horse "Fifi"?"

Catfish answered saying she hadn't been ridden international yet and that she was bred and owned by Potato and she was a rising star. Not that I didn't believe you, Catfish, but it was bugging me that I knew a Fifi that had won some international race.

It was Fifi Du Bagnas ridden for France by Sunny Demedy at the WEC in Spain, 2002.

With all that goes on in our lives and things we have to worry about, I have been up nights trying to remember where I saw that name. I can't help it. Even when I can't sleep, I think about horses and riding.

With all the talk about 100 milers going on, I have decided it is time to do one. I think Goethe might be my best bet. It has several loops back to camp and I think only the first and last loop are the same. It has been too stinking hot to ride these past few months but I am ready to get back into some training. Plus, the kids go back to school next week! Sing with me, "It's the happiest time, of the year!!"

Anyway, Cowboy Ed and my friend Tracie were a part of the group that did their first 100 last year at Goethe. I think Maryann Maynard was the only experience 100 miler. Maybe Cowboy Ed, being so experienced and all now :) will take some newbies? Ed, it could be great practice for your cavalry riding! Kathy won't have to do a thing except wave good-bye to you when you leave the vet checks!

Lisa Salas, The Odd FArm