[RC] Injury Recovery Question - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lauretta tikitiki69@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shaba pulled his tricep muscle about 3 weeks ago.  I saw it on
the ultrasound the next day and it looked like a whole lot of
hematoma, and he was really sore and tried to attack the vet when
he touched the spot.  After about 2 more days, he wasn't ouchy
anymore and hasn't been limping, but I am taking this VERY slow
and have only been walking him for short periods and hosing the
spot.  I am taking him back in a few days to get another ultra-
sound to assess what type of recovery plan we will go with.  Has
anyone had this type of injury, and if so, how did you go about
the rehab?  The vet says we will wind up 100% sound, but Shaba
comes first and I will go as slow as needed to get him back in
shape.  If you have seen similar injuries, did it reoccur if the
horse was ridden on any type of hills, incline, etc.  within a
certain amount of time from the injury?  Or have you seen most
horses with this type of strain recover w/ no problem?  He is
hell on wheels and keeps trying to bolt/run/jump straight in the
air as I am walking him cause he has so much energy, and I am
trying to find a fine line w/ giving him more exercise vs over-
doing it.  I will, of course, be consulting with his vet as well
over how to proceed, but also wanted to get input from others as
well.  Thanks

Lauretta and Shaba (What injury? I feel like Superhorse.  Open
the gate and let me go!!!!)