Re: [RC] [RC] LDs "bad" for horses - MtnRondi

In a message dated 7/27/2005 6:39:40 AM Pacific Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
the best training for an endurance horse is CTR's.
My son rode and finished Tevis in 1979, 1980, 1983 & 1985 and I rode and completed in 1984. That was on 4 different horses. All of these horses had a good start in competitive trail riding (NATRC) and had never done anything but a few 50 mile endurance rides prior to their Tevis journey. They were fit and most importantly, sane. We never entered Tevis without having a completion and we felt the NATRC base we had on the horses made a difference.

Bonnie