Home Current News News Archive Shop/Advertise Ridecamp Classified Events Learn/AERC
Endurance.Net Home Ridecamp Archives
[Archives Index]   [Date Index]   [Thread Index]   [Author Index]   [Subject Index]

Re: [RC] Crossing the border to Canada - Vicki Warner

Heidi wrote:  Hi, Becky--

For paperwork, you need the Coggins within 6 months, and then you need an
international health certificate, which is different from the interstate
form.  Heidi
And:  make sure that the paperwork IS the International.  I questioned a H.C. on Interstate Form but was sent on ahead (the vet refused to rewrite stating I was mistaken).  At the Canadian Border was told: "Wrong Paperwork" "It will be 4 days before the Vet is here. Pull over and camp."  With horse, kids, dogs we silently opted for, thankfully close, - 4 other border crossing tries, we finally got a "Tech" (with "Horse knowledge" who let us through).  However, we ended up being "Quarantined" at the destination until a "Federal Vet" could come "Examine the Horse" (one month later).  All because of an error in paperwork.  Vicki

Re: [RC] Horse Eyesight, Karla Watson
[RC] Crossing the border to Canada, Becky Rohwer
Re: [RC] Crossing the border to Canada, heidi