[RC] Crossing the border to Canada - Becky Rohwer

Hi All,
     I would really like to try a couple rides in British Columbia this year if at all possible.  But I am very confused about what is needed to cross the border with a horse and be able to come home.  I would be traveling from NW Montana, probably going through Spokane, WA, then north to the rides I am interested in.  So I am looking for information or advice from anyone in the NW who has crossed the border to do Canadian rides.
     What all do you need for papers?  Do you have to be at the crossing before or by a certain time of day?  Do you have to call ahead letting them know you are coming?  Does a vet need to be at the crossing?  Is this even worth the trouble or is it no trouble at all?  Is there a web site that can answer my questions?
     Since I travel a lot out of the state I usually have my good for 6 months coggins test done, and a health certificate that is usually for MT, WA, ID, OR, and WY.  I also have with me my brand inspection papers and usually carry my horse's registration papers too.
     Since most of my travels to rides are a very long haul I am just worried about getting 300 or so miles from home, discovering I've missed something and have to turn back.  What a way to ruin a ride weekend.  I know it is several months before the rides in question, but just as soon get myself organized before hand to know if this is even feasible for me to try.

Thanks,
Becky R. - Montana

Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!