Re: [RC] Trailer question: Lifting trailer - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 01/20/2005 2:53:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
There are a NUMBER of trailer hitches out there that can be used and some other techniques which are SIMPLE.   Don't make such a high tech change.   Low tech:  get one that you set up so it DROPS down from your bumper.  Higher cost one:  the telescoping type, costs about $l00 or so but is nice when you are hooking up alone.  Place the ball so it drops down instead of up.  Look at other types.  I have seen a LOT of low riding ones on various big pickups.  I use the telescoping one on my motor home which is class A and has higher bumper than my pickup which has higher bumper than my van did.  Truck is 4x4.  Go to a truck trailer store which has a big inventory.  Even one that caters to l8 wheelers.  I can't use the telescoping one on my truck as it puts it too low and the one I use on my truck is not low enough.  SOOOOOOO have more than one hitch.  Good luck.  mas
I believe she is talking about a gooseneck which sets on the bed of the truck.