[RC] Alfalfa/Behavior - KathyZ1

Bitsy turns into Sybil (multiple personalities--all bad) when she even sniffs alfalfa.  She rears, bucks, kicks and once when I was handling her and she reared up, an observer said she tried to strike me.  I prefer to think she was just waving her forelegs around.  :-)
When I first started asking people about this, no one believed me so I decided that my little horse had some kind of rare allergy to alfalfa, grain, any food that can make a horse hot and took her off all that stuff.  But it takes a long time to get back to normal.  When they eat it, they get crazy right away but getting back to sweet and normal takes forever.  Weeks, even months and I think it's because they have to unlearn the bad habits again.
That's the only explanation I have for why it takes so long.  But don't worry, your horse WILL get back to his normal self.  Just keep the stuff away from the poor guy.
Kathy